Aboriginal Cultural Workshops for Schools
We offer a wide variety of engaging and interactive Cultural Workshops
We adapt our workshops to school curriculum requirements, in a more hands on, authentic way.
Our workshop activities include Indigenous art and craft, cooking/food, storytelling, music and games. Our workshops provide an Indigenous perspective on numerous topics which can be adapted to your needs including:
- Family life and clan life pre 1700 through to today
- Looking Forward
Examples of workshops we have delivered in the past include
- Making lamingtons with an Indigenous fruit and spice twist
- Learning about native fruits, teas, herbs, spices, medicines and their uses
- Yarning circles in which we spoke about Aboriginal life, languages groups, clans and our differences and similarities
- Playing games which taught students about the importance of songlines, clan/kinship systems, sustainability and custodianship
- Making gumnut bracelets painted with Aboriginal symbols in which each student told a story on their bracelet.
- Painting boomerangs with Aboriginal symbols in which student told a story on their boomerang using these symbols